Day 1 ... Ten Days Before Departure

This evening, after a grueling morning of more packing and finally succumbing to the physicality of it, feeling the bodily pains and finally admitting I am truly tired and overwhelmed after weeks of packing the house in order to move everything to storage next Tuesday and Wednesday, I am facing the final days of winding it up and preparing to leave for England ... at last!

Yes, at last!  So the countdown seriously begins, time is short.  Today is the twenty-third of June ... the thirtieth is a week from today, last day of June next Thursday, the day I close up the house that will be waiting for its next owner.

Then four days later, on the fourth of July, I leave town to begin my trek for a six-month sojourn in Dorset before returning to Cambria to take the helm of the Pewter Plough Playhouse and produce a full 2017 Season of plays and entertainment. More excitement! 

In the meantime I'm hoping the exhilaration of seeing one of my dreams come true - living on another continent six months at a time - will overtake my dread of these final days of preparation to leave the Drake house.  An empty house, no more Buckleys living there.  Sad in one way, but happy in another.  It's time to move on.

So, my friends, I am moving forward and onward ... so come along with me.  Meet the people and the places; visit the churches, pubs and historical sites with me; the shops and the markets; walk the promenade along the beach and the fishing harbour; feel the drama and comedy of the moments; and the daily writing of the second of the 'Honey Ray' novella series ... yes, come along with me, let's write and have some fun!  

And while I'm at it, I'll reveal the expenses and costs of living abroad for six months, so you can do it on your own. 

But first, a few more days with the moving task at hand ... see you tomorrow?

Rebecca B.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 0 - Santa Maria CA

Day 3 - Eight Days to Lift Off ...

Lovely Rainy Morning - Afternoon Clear