FINAL DAY before leaving Cambria for 180 days in England!

Hallelujah!   House and garages are basically empty, furnishings in storage. Only throw-aways left, and Kelly E. will take care of that, probably one more load to the dump and that's it!  He is such a worker!  A wonderful person, too.  But I bet he's glad I'm leaving for awhile, so he can tend to his other clients. lol lol  I truly understand why Jim was so fond of him and trusted him implicitly.  

So ... now I'm taking a rest at Barbara's, since the water isn't on at the Drake house, which makes it difficult to use faucets and toilets while working.  lol lol But like I said, I'm done with the house. Yippee! Walking a bit bent over, however, back is suffering.

I will go over later this evening and pack my bags for the trip, left it all there to sort through and decide whether to take 2 or 3 bags.  In the meantime, I'll go through what I have here at Barbara's and take it over when I go.  What I don't pack I'll put away for when I return next December.

A super bonus!  Barbara is playing chef tonight ... is baking a rack of lamb dinner for us.  She's a terrific cook, truly is.  I'll miss her. And tomorrow when I leave Cambria, I'm having Fourth of July barbecue with Jay and Hannah in Santa Maria.

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT ... this is my last night in Cambria for six months! I had a sad moment before I left Drake house a few minutes ago ... I stood and looked around the main rooms, remembering.  Jim, Olga, and James ... all three have passed on, hard to believe, and now the house they built and loved has passed on too.  I tried to save it, but it wasn't meant to be. But I still have the Pewter Plough Playhouse and there are many memories there.  And when I return at the end of the year, I'll be diving in to produce the 2017 season ... something exciting to look forward to after my wonderful rest and adventures in England.

Talk to you tomorrow ...  DAY ONE of my trip.

Rebecca B.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 0 - Santa Maria CA

Day 3 - Eight Days to Lift Off ...

Still Day 10 - One Day till departure